Home of the Saints
Participation in physical activity has a significant positive impact on people's health and well-being. Therefore, Notre Dame Academy feels that children need to participate on athletic teams, as long as the student expresses a desire to join a sports team. Furthermore, Notre Dame Academy has a "no cuts" philosophy regarding participation on athletic teams. The NDA Sports Program, does everything possible to avoid cutting players from sports teams.
The NDA sports program provides students in grades 1-8 with the greatest number of opportunities to play and learn. We try to instill in our students ideals of teamwork, sportsmanship, and commitment, while contributing to the physical development of a child.
The NDA sports program allows students to represent the school in interscholastic competition. The program is broken down into three categories:
- Clinics (1-4): develop basic fundamentals, learn and understand rules, introduce concepts of teamwork and sportsmanship
- Junior Varsity (5-6): Compete with less frequency, continue to further develop fundamentals, introduce game strategies and develop traits of teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Varsity (7-8): Compete with more frequency, refine fundamentals, expand game knowledge and strategies, and play with traits of teamwork, sportsmanship and commitment.
NDA Sports Committee
Notre Dame Academy's sport program is operated by the principal, athletic director, regular sports committee members, as well as the support of coaches, parents, and volunteers.
Notre Dame Academy Sports Policies
The purposes of the NDA Athletic Handbook are:
- To clearly communicate the sports policies & philosophy of the Notre Dame Academy program.
- To delineate roles, responsibilities and expectations for all parties involved.
- To provide our student-athletes along with those in the Notre Dame community with the best youth sports program possible.
Please look at the NDA Athletic Handbook regarding any questions or concerns within the NDA Sports Program. Any question not answered from the handbook can be answered by the Athletic Director and/or a Sports Committee Member.
Both forms must be completed with the 2017-2018 sports participation fee and deposit. Note: If you have a Uniform Deposit currently by us for the 2016-17 school year, you CAN roll it over for next year's deposit. Simply write a note with your forms.
Any player that hasn't returned a sports jersey from the Fall or Spring seasons, please do so by the end of the year. Jerseys must be brought to school in a bag labeled with a note inside.
Also anybody that might be interested in coaching a sport please contact Mr. Hoffsetter.
To register your child(ren), you must send to NDA:
- Completed Players Registration/Information Sheet (1 for each student/each sport). These forms are given to the coaches. This form must be completed for every sport played ie. Soccer, Volleyball, Baseball, etc.
- Completed Sports Permission Form (1 for each student). This form only has to be completed once within a school year. All fee/deposit information can be found on this form. Fees will roll over from sport to sport.